Friday, January 11, 2008

Ephemeral and Fleeting

This week I found out that a good friend of mine is planning to move away. I am sad to see her go, but very happy that I got the chance to be a part of her life. Although we did not get to hang out with each other very often, she was someone I always looked forward to seeing. I saw things in her that I wanted to strengthen in myself, and because of that she always fascinated me. I wanted to be her friend since I first met her and, although she was always surrounded by people, sometimes it just seemed like she needed one.

I talked to her on the phone a few nights ago and she thanked me for my friendship and for being there. It is strange how often it is I don't learn someone's feelings for me until they are gone. I feel lucky that I was given a chance to know her and even luckier to be her friend.

No comments: