Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Speak My Own Sins

This summer I:

- Spent two and a half months without a car in San Francisco.
- Wore a coat almost every single day.
- Did a lot of things I "never do."
- Met a whole lot of people that I've been hearing stories about for four years.
- Lived on my own 3/4 of the week and survived.
- Learned the BART like the back of my hand, and rode it almost every day.
- Endured 100 degree weather for a week without air conditioning.
- Almost got to hug a healing nun.
- Met a guy who went to Johnson High School at an international hostel.
- Went to a psychic who requires reservations two months in advance.
- Was in San Francisco when gay marriage was legalized and watched a lot of people get married.
- Kissed Claire at Gay Pride for charity.
- Was a guest of honor at the U.S. Coast Gaurd's Change of Command ceremony and party
- (Sort of) Learned how to swing dance.
- Spent eleven hours at the Bloomingdale's Mall with a pillow and a suitcase.
- Got comp tickets to a costume party at Bondage A Go-Go that was featured on Playboy T.V.
- Learned the name of every single person who worked at the 7/11 in the Mission.
- sat in V.I.P. box seats at a Dresden Dolls concert.
- Went on a road trip for the first time as the driver.
- Spent a weekend stranded in Atlanta after my car broke down on said road trip.
- Sang the lead singer of Panic at the Disco his own song over the phone.
- Took a lot of pictures, but not nearly enough.

No comments: